Apply Now for the City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
Registration for the City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program is now open until Friday, December 1. The program supports Mississauga residents who are 65 years old and older as well as persons with physical disabilities.
What is a Windrow?
A windrow is a pile of snow that can be left at the end of your driveway after street snow-clearing operations are complete. Registered participants in the program will get a three-metre space cleared in their driveway windrow so that one car can get in and out safely.
Windrow Clearing Program Details
- The program runs from December 1, 2023 to March 11, 2024
- The cost of the program is $200 (non-refundable), but free for residents who meet financial assistance criteria.
- There are 750 spots available on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Apply
Apply online or in person by Friday, December 1:
- Submit an application online.
- Submit an application in person at any of the City’s community centres, the Mississauga Seniors’ Centre or the Recreation Customer Service Centre at Paramount Fine Foods Centre during business hours. Applicants can download and print the forms or get paper copies at the in-person locations.
You will need the following documents to apply:
- A completed Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Application Form
- Proof of residency in Mississauga (e.g. driver’s licence, recent utility bill or lease agreement).
If you are 65 years of age or older, you’ll need to provide proof of your age (e.g. birth certificate, driver’s licence or passport).
If you are 64 years of age or under, you’ll need to submit one of the following as proof of a physical disability:
- Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Health Assessment
- Accessible parking permit
- TransHelp acceptance letter
If you’re applying for the free program, you’ll also need to provide documents that show the total net income or earnings for your household.
When you apply for the program, the City does a site inspection of your driveway so that crews are prepared to clear a space in your windrow properly and efficiently. While registration is open until December 1, winter weather is unpredictable. Any significant snow we get before December 1 may not make it possible for crews to complete the required driveway inspection. By applying early, the City is able to process your application and complete the necessary inspection so that we’re ready to clear your windrow when snow does arrive.
Contact the City if You Need Assistance
For registration help, call 311 (or 905-615-4311 if outside city limits). To learn more, check your eligibility and apply online, visit mississauga.ca/windrow.
To learn more about City of Mississauga snow clearing and our overall policy about windrow clearing, please visit joehorneck.com/snow.